- How can I book a room? You can book your room directly via our homepage www.familienhotelpost.com, by phone (+43-4766-2108), via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- What is the Best Price Guarantee? No matter how you book - by mail, by phone or via our direct booking programme - you will always get the best price!
- How big is the hotel? We have 38 rooms
- Are credit and debit cards accepted? You can pay with your ec card, Visa or Master Card.
- When do I pay the balance? We kindly ask you to pay the remaining amount in cash, with ec card, Visa or Master Card directly on site on the day of departure at the latest.
- What are the cancellation conditions? You will find our cancellation conditions here
Location & Mobility
- Where is Lake Millstätter See located? At an altitude of 600 metres above sea level, the historic town of Millstatt is located on the southern side of the Alps. It is about 50 minutes by car from Salzburg, four hours by car from Vienna and about two hours by car from Ljubljana.
- Are there mosquitoes? There are hardly any mosquitoes here, as the lakeshore and Millstatt, being a peninsula on an alluvial cone, do not provide suitable breeding grounds.
- Where is the nearest train station? The nearest train station is in Spittal/Millstätter See, about 15 minutes by car from the hotel.
- Where is the nearest airport? The nearest airport is in Klagenfurt, about 40 minutes by car from the hotel. Salzburg Airport can be reached in 50 minutes by car and Ljubljana Airport can be reached in around 80 minutes.
- Where is the nearest ski area? The nearest ski areas are Goldeck-Millstätter See (about 15 minutes by car), Bad Kleinkirchheim and Katschberg (about 25 minutes by car).
- Where can I go hiking? As our family hotel is located between the Nockberge and Hohe Tauern National Parks, we have numerous hiking opportunities. Many hikes start and begin directly in front of the hotel. For others, a short journey with the Nockmobil is worthwhile.
- Where is there a pharmacy or doctor? A pharmacy and two general practitioners are within a five-minute walk in Millstatt.
- Where is there an e-charging station? Directly at the Family Hotel Post. Right next to the sister hotel Villa Postillion there are 4 public e-charging stations. Please take your charging cable and charging card with you. Payment is made directly via your charging card or mobile phone app.
- Is there a transfer from the train station or airport? We are happy to pick you up from the train station or airport. You can find more detailed information here
- We come without a car, how am I mobile? With the Nockmobil you always have the best connection at the best price. And that in the entire region of Lake Millstätter See directly from the hotel.
- Is there a car rental? Car rental is available at the Spittal-Millstätter See "Rail & Drive" station and in Radenthein.
- Where can I park my car? There are plenty of hotel parking spaces around the hotel.
- Where can I do my shopping? In Spittal (15 minutes by car), Villach (30 minutes by car).
At the hotel
- When is check-in, when is check-out? The room is ready for occupancy from 15:00 at the latest. However, you are welcome to use our facilities on the day of arrival. Check-out is until 11:00 am.
- Is there an arrival breakfast? On the day of arrival, breakfast can be booked on request.
- How long are breakfast, lunch and dinner served? Breakfast: 7:30 - 10:00 Lunch: 12:00 - 14:00 Dinner: 18:00 - 20:30
- Do I have to pay for drinks directly at the hotel? All consumptions are simply written on the room and have to be paid until the day of departure.
- I have an allergy, are there suitable dishes? It is best to contact our reception team before your stay. We will then be happy to pass on your individual wishes to the kitchen.
- Is there a vegetarian menu? Of course we also offer our vegetarian guests a varied menu every day.
- Are there vegan dishes? Upon request, our kitchen will also prepare simple vegan dishes for you. Please be sure to contact us by email in advance.
- Is there a dress code for the meal? Basically, everyone can come in whatever way they feel comfortable. But we leave the joggers in the wardrobe :)
- What is included in the super full board? A rich breakfast buffet, home cooking from the buffet at lunchtime, coffee and cake in the afternoon, a 4-course choice menu with salad buffet in the evening and non-alcoholic drinks from the drinks fountain all day long....and of course our baby and child care, the use of the entire infrastructure as well as the fitness and sports programme.
- Is there WLAN? WLAN access is free for our guests and covers the public areas as well as the rooms.
- Is there a guest washing machine? You are welcome to use our guest washing machine for a small fee.
- Is smoking allowed in the hotel? No smoking indoors, smoking is allowed on the terrace and balconies.
- Are there bikes and e-bikes for rent? You are welcome to borrow bicycles and e-bikes from us. Cost per bike with helmet 6€ for ½ day or 8€ for the whole day. Cost per e-bike with helmet 19€ for ½ day or 24€ for the whole day.
- Can I use the hotel facilities before or afterwards? The hotel facilities can be used on both the day of arrival and departure.
- Are pets accepted? You are welcome to bring your four-legged pets to one of our rooms in the cottages for a fee. However, we would like to point out that animals are not allowed on the lawn, in the wellness area and in the restaurant.
- Can I drink the tap water? Yes, it is good mountain spring water
- Is there allergy bedding? Yes, please inform us before arrival.
- Is there a hairdryer in the room? A hairdryer is provided in every room.
- Is there a safe in the room? A safe is available in every room.
- Is there a refrigerator in the room? Some room categories have a refrigerator. If you have booked a room without a fridge but need one, we will be happy to provide one for EUR 3 per day.
- Is my room air-conditioned? Due to the special microclimate at Lake Millstätter See (thermals over the lake and mountains), a cool mountain breeze sets in from the evening onwards. Therefore our rooms do not have air conditioning.
- Is there heating? Yes, of course there is heating in every room. Our house is ecologically heated with wood chips and solar energy.
- What toddler equipment is available in the room? Depending on the age of the child, we are happy to provide a cot with bedding, changing table, children's bath, nappy bucket, toilet seat, potty, cane, good night story.
- Is there a blackout curtain? We can provide a blackout curtain in the room upon request.
- What is there for children to eat? For our little guests there is a buffet with everything the heart desires.
- Is there a baby monitor? You are welcome to borrow a baby monitor at the reception.
- Do you have porridge for my child? We have a special baby corner at the buffet with baby porridge and Hipp jar food. However, we can also provide freshly prepared toddler food on request.
- What do we do in bad weather? Even in bad weather there are plenty of things to do both in the hotel and in the surrounding area. At the hotel we have a large indoor facility.
- From what age can children join the children's club? We welcome children from the age of 3 months in the kids club.
- Is there a programme for teens (up to 12 years) and teenagers (from 13 years) during the holiday periods? During the holiday periods we offer exciting activities for our older children from Monday to Friday. Young people can choose between creative activities such as painting or making flower wreaths, or they can work off their energy with guided mountain bike tours, water fights, night tobogganing, go-kart races and much more.
- Are the sockets childproof? All sockets throughout the house are protected internally or externally.
- Is there a bathing beach for children? We have a fenced-off toddler area with lots of sand right by the lake.
- How warm is the indoor children's pool? Our indoor children's pool has a water temperature of 34°C.
- How warm is the outdoor pool? 26 - 28°C
- Do you have buggies? You are welcome to borrow our buggies free of charge for the village but also for walks.
Wellness & Sport
- Can I book massages or treatments? You are welcome to choose from our extensive wellness programme and let yourself be pampered.
- Are children allowed in the wellness area? At the Familienhotel Post from 14:00 to 16:00 accompanied by an adult.
- When is the wellness area open? Our wellness area is open for you from 14:00 to 20:00. On Tuesdays and Thursdays the wellness area is open until 22:00.
- Is there an adult pool? Yes, our heated infinity pool (outdoor) in our sister hotel Villa Postillion (500m away) with its protected sunbathing area invites everyone from 16 years of age for cosy hours for two from 8 September to the end of June.
- Is there a fitness room? Yes, it is equipped with multifunctional equipment for arm, upper body, leg, abdominal and back training, stepper, cross trainer, bicycle, recumbent bicycle, dumbbells and gymnastic mats.
- Is there a daily sports programme? We offer a varied daily sports programme, ranging from walking and yoga to aqua fit gymnastics.
- How far is the exclusive bathing beach at Villa Postillion? Our exclusive bathing beach at the Villa Postillion is only 500m away from the Familienhotel Post.
- What else can I use at Villa Postillion? Rowing boats, stand-up paddle boards, sunbathing lawn.
- We would like to go boating? You are welcome to borrow our rowing boats at Villa Postillion free of charge.
- How warm is the lake? In high summer the lake can be up to 26°.
- Do I have to bring my own bath towel? We provide a bath bag with bath towels in each room. So you are welcome to leave your bath towels at home.
- Is it possible to reserve sunbeds? During the summer months of July and August, you can reserve sunbeds both at the pools and at the lake. Of course, sunbeds are also kept free for those who spontaneously decide to go to the lake/pool.
- I'm hungry at the lake, what can I do? Just come and join us in the restaurant at Villa Postillion. In July and August we also offer the super full board service in the Villa Postillion.
- We want to go hiking. Are backpacks available? Yes, we have a selection of back carriers from which you are welcome to choose.
- Are there guided hikes? We offer weekly guided walks for young and old. If you prefer to go off on your own, the reception will be happy to advise you.
- Are there hiking trails suitable for prams? Yes, there are numerous hiking trails that are suitable for prams. We will be happy to advise you directly on site.
- Is there a gondola lift? Yes, there is a gondola lift to the top of Goldeck or at St. Oswald. You can also combine the ride with a subsequent hike.